Friday, December 11, 2009

Sorry!

I've been on a road trip, taking some time for myself, hence the downturn in the blog writing. It was a great trip down to Phoenix. I took the road through Hurricane to Flagstaff on the way down and there is some incredible scenery along the way. If you ever need to heal your soul, I reccomend the drive. There is no heart that good travels cannot mend. I spend a couple days with my father and his girlfriend, which was nice.

The drive back up was interesting, I felt troubled and didn't have the same calmness about me that I did on the way down. I took the route through Las Vegas this time.

It may have something to do with returning home, to the familiar, to the problems, that made me feel so disheartened. I felt I did not appreciate the world around me as much as I had on my way to Phoenix. The whole drive left me mostly bored and uninspired until I arrived at the Virgin River Gorge, which was incredible as dusk was giving way to night. I arrived at Hurricane that night and stayed there.

I woke up insanely early the next day and hit the road. The inspiration and the calm finally returned when I was driving through Beaver County. I came over the crest of a hill, between two mountains, and descended into the most beautiful sight I'd ever seen. The mountains, blue and white in the distance, were covered in snow and the valleys followed suit. It was as if I was in a completely different part of the world, where time and distance no longer mattered; where the world was endless. Vast plumes of fog rose up out of rivers throughout the valley. It was the most incredible sight I'd ever seen.

So, that was my weekend.


Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment